Individual Author Record
Davis was born in Chicago and graduated from both Chicago State University and Lewis University. She currently resides in Homewood, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Davis is a retired elementary teacher with a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction/Early Childhood Education. Her expertise is in the field of reading and language arts for the young child. As an educator, she often created her own learning material to facilitate the diverse needs of the urban child in her care. After many years of testing her materials, she developed a unique, innovative early intervention-approach to teaching reading to children gowing up in urban environments. This approach, called The Language/Vocabulary Acquisition Approach, has completely changed the dynamic of how we approach the African American child in the area of reading.
- Bugs, Bugs Everywhere, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, 2001
- Digging for Dinosaurs, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, Johnson Press, 2001
- What's in Outer Space, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, 2001
- Urban Kidz Travel the World, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, 2001
- Let's See Under the Sea, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, 2001
- Dreams Can Come True, Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, 2001
- Books, Books Everywhere - reading, Johnson Press, 2006
- Bullies Finish Last - choosing friends, Johnson Press, 2006
- The Perfect Song - hold on to your dreams, Johnson Press, 2006
- Proud to be a Girl - be the best, Johnson Press, 2006
- The Birthday Surprise - caring, Johnson Press, 2006
- Proud to be Me - believe in yourself, Johnson Press, 2006
- The Candy Man - sharing, Johnson Press, 2006
- The Little Dancer - doing your best, Johnson Press, 2006
Titles At Your Library
Urban Kidz. Dreams Can Come True. An Early-start Career Guide for Boys and..
Enter-Ed Publishing For Kidz, Inc.. 2001