Individual Author Record
He lives in Alton, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
John J. Dunphy is a freelance writer and owns The Second Reading Book Shop in Alton, Illinois. His poetry has also appeared in numerous anthologies. Dunphy's website also serves as the homepage for his bookstore, the second oldest used bookstore in the St. Louis MetroEast area. He has also been a frequent contribuotor to Springhouse and the old Illinois magazines. To see an interview with the author in his Book Shop, go to: [http://www.facebook.com/l/ab796;www.youtube.com/watch?v=waX1CW0biKU http://www.facebook.com/l/ab796;www.youtube.com/watch?v=waX1CW0biKU].
- Lewis and Clark's Illinois Volunteers, Second Reading Publications, 2003
- Old Soldiers Fading Away, Pudding House, 2006
- Stellar Possibilities, Sam's Dot Publishing, 2006
- It Happened at the River Bend, Second Reading Publications, 2007
- Zen Koanhead, Second Reading Publications, 2008
- Dark Nebulae, Sam's Dot Publishing, 2009
- From Christmas to Twelfth Night in Southern Illinois, The History Press, 2010
- Abolitionism and the Civil War in Southwestern Illinois, The History Press, 2011
Titles At Your Library