Individual Author Record
Name: Fern G. BrownPen Name: None Genre: Born: 1918 in Chicago, Illinois Sites:
Illinois ConnectionBrown was born in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationFern G. Brown was an author who wrote books for children and young adults.
- Hard Luck Horse, Albert Whitman, 1975
- Racing Against the Odds, Robyn C. Smith, Raintree, 1976
- You're Somebody Special on a Horse, Whitman, 1977
- Jockey or Else, Albert Whitman, 1978
- Behind the Scenes at the Horse Hospital, Whitman, 1981
- Great Money Machine : How Your Bank Works, Burdett, 1981
- Our Love, Fawcett, 1986
- Valentine's Day, Scholastic, 1983
- Etiquette, F. Watts, 1985
- Amelia Earhart Takes Off, Whitman, 1985
- Horses and Foals, Scholastic, 1986
- Hereditary Diseases, F. Watts, 1987
- Baby-Sitter on Horseback, Ballantine, 1988
- Teen Guide to Childbirth, F. Watts, 1989
- Teen Guide to Caring for Your Unborn Baby, Scholastic, 1989 - written with Alan E. Nourse
- Franklin Pierce : Fourteenth President of the United States, Garrett, 1989
- James A. Garfield : Twentieth President of the United States, Garrett, 1990
- Owls, Scholastic, 1991
- Special Olympics, F. Watts, 1992
- Daisy and the Girl Scouts : The Story of Juliette Gordon Low, Whitman, 1996
Titles At Your Library
Hard Luck Horse (Leader)
ISBN: 0807531596 Albert Whitman & Co. 1975 Cristi must decide whether to save a handicapped horse even though it will mean she may never own it.
Racing against the odds, Robyn C. Smith
ISBN: 081720119X distributed by Childrens Press. 1976 A brief biography of Robyn Smith emphasizing her struggles to become a jockey and gain acceptance in the racing world.
ISBN: 0449700348 Fawcett. 1986 After interviewing Daniel Luu, a Vietnamese student and former refugee, for an article in the school newspaper, shy Sue Bolkowski discovers that despite their different backgrounds, they have much in common, including a mutual attraction.
Jockey--or else! (Pilot books)
ISBN: 0807539449 A. Whitman. 1978 His summer experiences at Lakeside Horse Farm convince Benjy he will never be a jockey therefore, he sets more realistic goals that will still involve him with horses.
Etiquette (First Book)
ISBN: 0531049086 Franklin Watts. 1985 Describes guidelines for good behavior at home, school, in public, at parties, and as a house guest, and tells how to make introductions and write letters
Hereditary Diseases (First Book)
ISBN: 0531103862 Franklin Watts. 1987 Discusses the causes, symptoms, and treatment of inheritable diseases such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, Tay-Sachs, and diabetes and explores the field of genetic counseling
Teen Guide to Childbirth (Teen Guides)
ISBN: 0531152081 Franklin Watts. 1990 A primer for the expectant mother and father on what to expect at childbirth and on how to prepare for and make decisions about delivery.
Special Olympics (First Book)
ISBN: 0531200620 Franklin Watts. 1992 Describes the history and organization of the Special Olympics and explains how athletes and volunteers can get involved.