Individual Author Record
Lives and works in Illinois
Biographical and Professional Information
- Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner (Mosby's Complete Review of Radiography), Mosby, 2008
- Introduction to Radiologic Technology , Mosby, 2010
Titles At Your Library
Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner, 5e (Mosby's Complete Review of Radiography)
A complete review, this guide covers the five major subject areas of the ARRT exam in radiography. And it’s an effective study guide for many radiography courses! Written in outline format, each review of a subject is followed by questions related specifically to that area. A companion CD-ROM includes a pool of over 1,400 questions that may be randomly combined to generate a virtually limitless number of mock exams. This edition also provides valuable information on preparing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, and career planning to help you make the transition to a successful career.
- Content review in outline format includes the five major subject areas covered on the ARRT exam, helping you concentrate on the most important information.
- Thorough coverage of digital and computed radiography reflects the increased emphasis of these topics on the Registry exam.
- Review questions with answers let you practice AART exam-style questions, helping you assess your preparedness and identify areas that need additional study.
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers are included in the appendix.
- Mock exams in the book and on CD let you test your knowledge and practice with the Registry exam format.
- CD allows practice in tutorial mode ― with feedback after you answer each question ― or in exam mode, with feedback only after you complete the entire test.
- Study tools on CD include:.
- Electronic flashcards with formulas, key terms, and important topics
- Bookmarking of questions for later study
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- Test tips for difficult questions
- Test scores are saved and dated
- Career preparation advice covers continuing education requirements, career advancement, and basic financial planning ― such as negotiating salary and benefits.
- Expanded coverage of digital imaging and ethical standards reflects the increased emphasis of these topics on the Registry exam.
- Situational Judgment Test questions provide practice with the new type of Registry question requiring you to select the best response in an ethics-related situation.
- 232 new questions have been added to the CD ― for a total of 2,450 questions in the book and CD ― to ensure that you have plenty of practice opportunities.
Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7e (Gurley, Introduction to Radiologic Technology)
Here’s everything a beginning radiography student needs to know! Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7th Edition offers a solid overview of your exciting career as a radiologic technologist. After covering basic learning skills, this guide provides a historical perspective on radiology and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital and conventional imaging, patient care, and radiation safety. Expert authors LaVerne T. Gurley and William J. Callaway describe the classes you will take in your radiography program, the latest changes in the Registry exam, what will be required in the practice setting, and your opportunities for advancement throughout your career.
- An introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what to expect in your coursework.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
- Career guidelines discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, how to join professional organizations, and how to keep up with continuing education requirements after graduation.
- A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- New photographs accurately depict current equipment and practice standards.
- An increased focus on digital imaging keeps you on the cutting edge of technology.
- Updates include:
- Positioning terminology
- Program accreditations
- Demographic information for better communication with culturally diverse patients
- A closer alignment of the book's topics with ASRT Core Curriculum's section on fundamentals.