Individual Author Record
Name: Brittany R. JacobsPen Name: None Genre: Born: in Sites:
Illinois ConnectionJacobs is a Chicago native and works at the Naperville Public Library.
Biographical and Professional InformationBrittany R. Jacobs is a self-taught artist, with a background in children's programming. She is an author and illustrator of children's picture books, and a children's services associate at Naperville Public Library. She also is an educational programming consultant who writes and implements educational curriculum for informal education settings for museums, libraries, zoos, etc.
- The Kraken's Rules for Making Friends, POW!, 2016
- Transforming Your Library into a Learning Playground: A Practical Guide for Public Librarians, Libraries Unlimited, 2017Illustrated Book:
- Mia Lee is Wheeling Through Middle School, Woodgate Publishing, 2016 - written by Melissa and Eva Shang
Titles At Your Library
The Kraken's Rules for Making Friends
ISBN: 1576878147 POW!. 2016 It's no big surprise that the Kraken has no friends, but he is TIRED OF IT. With a bad temper and a knack for destruction, his talent for meeting new fish is...not so seaworthy. He finds hope when another monster of the deep, a great white shark, offers him some RULES FOR MAKING FRIENDS. Will these rules help the most terrifying monster of the deep make a new chum?
Transforming Your Library into a Learning Playground: A Practical Guide for Public Librarians
ISBN: 144085730X Libraries Unlimited. 2017
Public libraries need to offer relevant, exciting, and stimulating learning centers that appeal to kids. This book is a step-by-step guide for creating affordable and effective educational programs for children and youth by focusing on one simple concept: play.
• Teaches readers how to uncover the educational content in everyday activities, seamlessly join the maker movement, and infuse STEM and literacy-based concepts into lesson plans
• Explains how to market, promote, and execute programming that is educational, engaging, and fun and will gain your public library repeat visitors as a result
• Identifies practical ways to use available resources and implement quality programming on a budget
Mia Lee is Wheeling Through Middle School
ISBN: 0692746900 Woodgate Publishing. 2016 Hello, sixth grade! Mia Lee is a stop-motion filmmaker with a wheelchair and a lot of sass, trying to survive her new middle school. Which doesn’t seem so easy when she’s running for Video Production Club President against certified Middle School Mean Girl, Angela Vanover. Things get weird when Angela starts being nice to her - well, when other people are around, at least. But when Mia’s campaign posters for VP Club President mysteriously vanish - no tape, no poster, no nothin’ - the presidential race gets real. With the help of her brain files, an awesome aide with keys to the whole school, and her friends, Rory, Daniela, and Caroline, Mia finds herself on a mission to prove Angela isn’t just an ordinary middle school mean girl, she’s a thief!