Individual Author Record
Name: Roberta Larson DuyffPen Name: None Genre: Non-Fiction Born: 1944 in Chicago, Illinois Sites:
Illinois ConnectionRoberta was born in Elmhurst and received her BS from the University of Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationRoberta is a Food & Nutrition Consultant, Writer, and Spokesperson at Duyff Associates.
- 365 Days of Healthy Eating from the American Dietetic Association, Wiley Pub., 2003
- Nutrition and Wellness, McGraw Hill, 2003
- Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, Wiley, 2006
Titles At Your Library
Nutrition & Wellness, Student Edition
ISBN: 0078463327 McGraw-Hill Education. 2003
Nutrition & Wellness is designed for foods and nutrition courses in grades 8-10. It can be targeted in several ways:
Food preparation is thoroughly covered in the special Food Preparation Handbook at the back of the book. Many teachers find Nutrition & Wellness appealing for traditional foods and nutrition courses as well, because of its upbeat, student-friendly approach and its high-impact visual design. The text's positive approach emphasizes enjoyment of food and physical activity. Nutrition information is geared toward teens.
365 Days of Healthy Eating from the American Dietetic Association
ISBN: 0471442216 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2003
"A daily guide that should be on everyone's nightstand or kitchen table."
-Marianne Smith Edge, MS, RD, LD, FADA, President, American Dietetic Association
As a health-conscious reader, you already know all about the benefits of healthy eating and active living. But some days it's harder than others to put that knowledge to good use. Smart eating and an active lifestyle should be easy and enjoyable, not a chore! Let 365 Days of Healthy Eating from the American Dietetic Association show you an easier way to start living a healthier lifestyle, one day at a time.
Bestselling author and nutrition expert Roberta Larson Duyff provides easy-to-implement hints, tips, and strategies for:
* Having a smart eating mindset
* Making easy everyday food choices that benefit your health
* Buying right-for-you foods and supplements
* Preparing food for good nutrition, health, and great flavor-with easy-to-fix recipes that are as good for you as they are great-tasting
* Getting more health and phytonutrient benefits from foods you enjoy
365 Days of Healthy Eating from the American Dietetic Association is brimming with sensible, personal, and practical tips that can help you build lifelong healthy eating and fitness habits, one easy step at a time.
American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, Revised and Updated 3rd Edition
ISBN: 0470048425 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2006
A lifetime of sound, easy, and positive advice on healthy eating from the world's foremost authority on food and nutrition
This brand-new edition of the bestselling, award-winning American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide offers the most up-to-date nutrition information for the whole family. It's packed with simple, practical tips and flexible guidelines designed to help you choose nutritious, flavorful, and convenient foods to suit your needs and lifestyle at any age. This fully revised guide features:
* The new Dietary Guidelines for Americans from USDA and USHHS, providing science-based advice on food choices and physical activity for your health
* New, helpful information about fitting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other nutrient-rich foods into your everyday meals and snacks
* Updated information on women's health and nutrition, from pregnancy to menopause, as well as heart disease, breast cancer, and more
* Food and lifestyle advice on preventing and managing health conditions (including metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease), on food-drug interactions, and on food allergies and intolerances (including gluten intolerance)
* The latest on food and water safety, how to protect against foodborne illness, and how to prepare for emergencies
* Help in making smart food choices in restaurants: fast-food, sit-down, and ethnic restaurants
* Smart vegetarian eating
* Facts about functional foods (soy, flaxseed, probiotics), phytonutrients (lycopene, isoflavones), omega-3s, and more
* The latest on eating and hydration for peak physical performance
* Up-to-date consumer information on food labeling, allergen labeling, and health claims
* Quick, easy ways to blend nutrition with great taste for your family table
* Help in finding reliable online nutrition information
American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide has received the National Health Information Award and the National Federation of Press Women Award, among others.