Individual Author Record
Name: (Arthur) Wilson TuckerPen Name: Bob Tucker, Wilson Tucker, Hoy Ping Pong Genre: Fiction Born: November 23, 1914 in Deer Creek, Illinois Sites:
Illinois ConnectionTucker was born in Deer Creek, Illinois and lived in Bloomington most of his life.
Biographical and Professional InformationTucker was an American mystery, action adventure, and science fiction writer and fan. He was the editor and publisher of "Science Fiction News Letter" from 1945 - 1953. He did his fan writing under the name Bob Tucker, and is best known to the fan community under that name.Tucker was inducted into the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame in 2003.
- The Lincoln Hunters, Rinehart, 1958 (Reprinted in 1977)
- To the Tombaugh Station, Ace Books, 1960
- Last Stop, Doubleday, 1963
- A Procession of the Damned, Doubleday, 1965
- The Warlock, Doubleday, 1967
- The Year of the Quiet Sun, Ace Books, 1970 (Reprinted in 1979)
- The Witch, Doubleday, 1972
- Ice and Iron (revised edition), Ballantine, 1974
- Resurrection Days, Timescape, 1981
- The Best of Wilson Tucker, Timescape, 1982
Titles At Your Library
The Lincoln Hunters
ISBN: 0441484212 Ace Books. 1977 Sent back in time to record a speech by Abraham Lincoln, Ben Steward learns that he has been transported twice--on two consecutive days--and that his double still exists in the same time zone. Reprint.
ISBN: 0575014776 Littlehampton Book Services Ltd. 1972
The Year of the Quiet Sun (The Gregg Press science fiction series)
ISBN: 0839825293 Gregg Press. 1979 Time traveler Brian Chaney arrives in a devastated twenty-first century and decides to face the world his age has created instead of returning to his own time
ISBN: 0671832425 Pocket. 1981 Resurrection Days [Oct 01, 1981] Wilson tucker ...
The Best of Wilson Tucker
ISBN: 0671832433 Pocket Books. 1982 Book by Wilson Tucker